Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Somewhere only we go....

Sorry again for the pauses in between post, I need to get back into the swing of blogging each week!  Things have been going very well for the past couple of weeks in Tecpan.  I am finally settling into life here, which has been quite a change from the toasty San Miguel.  So far we have been able to visit the majority of our schools and do the surveys to see the progress each school has been making in the program over the past year.  This has been very rewarding because I am FINALLY able to see what this program can do (in some schools) over a longer period of time than what Maggie and I had in San Miguel.  I am enjoying my sitemates, Lauren and Betty. immensely we spend many dinners together either creating new and delicious creation or making old classics with what we can find in the market.  Last week Betty and I made Black Bean,Sweet Potato burritos with pico de gillo- DELISH!  Lauren and I have tried to start a Thursday night tradition where we cook something yummy, do yoga, and drink some wine.  We have coined the evening Eat. Pray. Wine. Night, however because of conferences and meeting we all have a different times with Peace Corps, we have had to miss a couple of thursdays.  But its nights like Eat. Pray. Wine. Thursdays and over indulgent Tuesdays that help the weeks pass quicker and make working much more fun.

I have switched around my living situation a little bit, I am now renting 2 rooms- so that I can have my kitchen in an actual room and not in the hallway that everyone and their mothers pass through on a daily basis- this makes things feel a little more at home, however I do think I am going to continue to look for another apartment that is a little bit more private- I know it seems silly, but it is the little things like having your own space down here that make life much more enjoyable.

I have discovered a coffee place in my town that serves REAL coffee, not that instant crap! it only opens from 3pm-9 pm so it makes a nice late afternoon treat!


Otherwise it is just the day to day living that I get to do in Guate.  The second half of this week I get to go to a conference about project design and management which should be very interesting! it is being held in Xela so I am excited to spend some time with my friends that live around that area! I will definitely update next week- i am sure something hilarious/interesting will happen!

MISS YOU ALL until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment